Apr 19 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
victor  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 1:25:11 PM(UTC)
victor

It's time to make some changes to our tournament because things have been steadily going downhill. Anger has surpassed sportsmanship and etiquette which is one of the things I love about foosball. Since foosball is such a tight community you'd think everybody would be best of friend considering how much we hang out. Outside of family and work, it's foosball for me. Which is why I'm embarrassed it has to come to this....

First, let me introduce the Tuesday Night Fat Cat Head Official, Jerry. If you need Jerry to official a match it'll cost $5 a head. I'm hoping that Jerry's services will be used sparingly if at all. Some people are mis-calling rules. If you have any questions please ask Jerry when he's available. 

Second, I will be instituting suspensions. I never thought it would come to this but I can't think of any other way. If there's a conflict that escalates beyond discussion, both people will be withdrawn from the tournament and suspended from the next tournament. Unsportsmanlike behavior (not shaking hands or knuckles after a match, walking away from a match, personal threats) will not be tolerated and you will be withdrawn from the tournament and suspended from the tournament the following week.

If you have a disagreement about something that happens on the table and you can't come to a conclusion and Jerry is not around or available and after all etiquette and sportsmanship has been applied.... you flip a coin. End of story. Move on. Hopefully this doesn't get out of hand. 

The first priority of Tuesday night tournaments is fun. The second is to learn how to play competitively in a fun environment.

If this doesn't solve the problem something more drastic might have to happen.
wil0567  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 6:05:27 PM(UTC)
wil0567

Good call Vic !!!
victor  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 6:39:47 PM(UTC)
victor

Also to note, if you see someone doing something wrong please let them know in a polite fashion. I don't believe anyone is cheating on purpose, but some people don't know the rules, some people don't understand the rules, some people don't know they are doing anything wrong and some people use the rules to try to gain an advantage.

Let's be encouraging not discouraging.

Remember we all play for fun.

Edited by user Monday, January 20, 2020 6:45:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Teddywolff  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:38:02 PM(UTC)
Teddywolff

Perfect 👌
redbeardbike  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:40:49 PM(UTC)
redbeardbike

Bueno! Thank you.