Apr 20 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
wil0567  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 3:09:06 PM(UTC)
wil0567

@ Sour Mouse , starting the draw @ 7:30 PM

See all there

Wil
DeVito  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 4:55:54 PM(UTC)
DeVito

DYP - Tuesday, October 19, 2021 -

Results ...

8/12 - Dan (New Guy) & Ivan
8/12 - JJ & Jakub
8/12 - Chris & Alex
8/12 - Josh & Jerry
7/8 - Katie & Rob
7/8 - Jared & Victor
5/6 - Tom & Jerry
5/6 - Ilya & Teddy
4- Danny & Ivan
3 - Henry & Rob
2 - Birte & Joe
1 - Jakub & Chris B

Great Turn-Out ... Thanks Everyone for coming,
and for going with the flow and getting us finished on time.

FYI.. Next Week - Late comers w/o texting us prior to, will wait for a Partner.. And will be given 1 of the 2 players from the first eliminated Team.. via Coin Toss. LMK now or at Any point in the Week, if you will be there Next Tuesday. I'll keep a Running List, Thx.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the Night / so many players, and getting to play with fresh balls..
Thanks Jakub for adding supply !! ...Think it's what helped me start to pull out of my "Johnny Starks" ways.

Notes ...

Welcome Dan to Tuesday Nights .. didn't play against him in the DYP, but saw some power off the 2-Rod. Could be the next Bullet? or maybe "Danny Deuces Wild" - we'll see :)

Awesome to be graced with the Carrafa Bros. last night ...
Josh, as per usual, didn't lose touch of his 3-Bar Pull.. Crisp, Sharp shots. 5-Bar was clearly rusty thou. Not sure if Joe has been playing at all, but looked every bit the Joe we know.. Dead-Bar Pulls, etc... Didn't roast me on stick lanes as well as he usually does thou.

Very impressed with Katie's game 2nd week out .. great vision of the ball around the table, tracking it constantly, leaving her in great position for slops and trapping the ball on the defensive end. Great smarts and strategy too, she carry'ed me in our wins. Just need to clean up some of the unforced drops :P

Surprised to see Ivan and his Pro-Skills there last night.. Up Front, his Tic-Tac Lane Passes are very much to be Desired and a Phenomenal Job Shooting, as well. From the 2-Rod, he torched me on a Crucial Point with a "Ryan Moore" Like Square Long Rope.

You can see the excitement in Birte's eyes every time she plays offense.. and it's downright impressive how well she's grasped the 3-Rod Roll-Over (Snake) shot. Continue to work on a multi tool 5-Bar passing series, it's all coming together.
Awesome Job Taking 2nd Place !!

Chris Brand has been up in the Mountains of Korea, Staying in a Monestary, and Training with a Great Mentor Named Ghul in the Mystic Arts of Ninja Foosball. He returns under cover, draws Jakub to boot ... and does his Touch Lane (yes, Touch not Stick) Pass and BMW M5 Torque'd Pull Shot to Victory.

Congrats Guys !!
DeVito  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:02:53 PM(UTC)
DeVito

OK, I've put one of the few skills I have to work, and created a Tournament Bracket we'll be using when I'm hosting the Tuesday Night Tournaments.

Having trouble posting an Image of it here (see skills above), so please follow the thread on Facebook / NYC Foosball and chime in if you have any thoughts / suggestions.

I like the Idea, because the Sheet will ...

* Be Much Clearer and Easier to Follow than Paper Sheets.
* Avoid Logging Errors, by Locking All Cells except for Entering Match Winners.
* It will Advance the Losers Bracket Automatically, once the Winning Team is Entered.
* And the Sheet can be Reset, a New Tab Created, so we can keep a running History.

- See you Tuesday.

Edited by user Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:24:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified