Apr 19 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeVito  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 9:40:22 PM(UTC)
DeVito

Hey All ...

The DYP is ON for Tomorrow Night !!
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at Sour Mouse

SOUR MOUSE - <"@)~
110 Delancy Street, New York NY
Open til 1am on Tuesdays

Please be there for 7:30pm Sign-Ups.
(warm-up / pick-up games prior too)

If you're running late, Text Wil or Myself, Thx.
And remember to bring ID and Covid Vaccine.

It should be a great night in the City,
so, really I'd like to see 10 Teams out there.

Let's Add $100 to the Pot, if we pull in at least 8 Teams !!
wil0567  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 5:25:10 PM(UTC)
wil0567

I hear the Brazilian wonder will be in attendance !!

DeVito  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 5:38:06 PM(UTC)
DeVito

Results ...

7/8 - Tom & Jerry
7/8 - Katie & Rob
5/6 - JJ & Kevin K
5/6 - Jakub & Danny
4 - Jared & Wil
3 - Chris & Henry
2 - Nastia & Victor
1 - Teddy & Jefferson

16 Players / 8 Teams on the button, as if you planned it lol

Katie (New to Tuesday Nights) - Katie came in with great energy and soaked up a ton of information in 1 night of foos. You could see her improvement with every additional game we played. Sorry you caught me during a 2 week slump ;|

-- Great position defense, a good sign for an upcoming goalie.. Protecting her cage, blocking rockets and weird angles coming in on goal. Then, she starts firing some 2-Rod pull kicks on goal (Danny made a great save on a far corner potential game winner) and she started completing passes to me on the 3-Rod, as well. Great job 1st night out !!

Jakub's offensive game has really sprouted.. 2 tools up front, though I'd stick with the snake over the push, unless you're getting blocked. The 5-bar pass execution looks great, would like to see the ball control prior to executing a little smoother. When practicing, work your 5-Bar tic-tac series a bit before passing and shooting. And honestly, with a solid goalie, you could take Rookie Doubles somewhere. ez

Danny'utch on the seen.. as we know, another player who's jumped levels. Jealous of the stick lane kid lol.

Chris - High on BRS's successes, comes in firing. Suddenly, we've got a bunch of Costa Rican style players up here.. Wil - Remember when it was you / me?

Henry - Got to love the vision on the table.. I thought I had a beauitfully open 2-Rod Bank Shot lined up (think it was for a game winner), but clearly I didn't mask the set-up well enough, because Henry obviously knew.. and simply said no, no, no sir.. in true happy kind Henry fashion.

Great Job taking 3rd guys !!

Vic - I wanna see if we can clock us lol... maybe not this way, but open to thoughts? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2JUTnXn6I). Others have suggested a measurement by using still frames, or even removing the back wall and measuring the distance the ball travels before hitting the ground :).. On-line consensus seems to have it somewhere around 30 mph (mostly based on the short distance of travel).

FYI.. Rob there, was talking about a possible ranking chart tied into a potential "Belmont Park" type drinking/prize for the "Season". Open to suggestions for smething easy / visible to track and fun for the "Season" ... ie. Wil "Mister Party Planner" lol

Teddy's game is fantastic really, the muscle (or mustard) he puts on the ball is pretty insane (Teddy & KK - see Vic above), accuracy clearly showing to. Anyone who tried a 2-Rod Cross-Over Defense (pushing the 2-Rod to the Far Wall), on Teddy or Victor last night.. usually got beat with relative ease.

Jefferson needs no words - committed, attending tournaments, and posting impressive results.

Congrats to the Winners last night !!