May 02 2024
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jedi-Ruler  
#81 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 9:14:08 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

For the last few years ive been on a study mission, writing down and breaking down the used elements of the ROLLOVER and the different wrist sets that are used by players of all that I observe..

I know things about that roll over snake set up that players that shoot it don't know, and I don't even shoot the snake, short of a real bullet in the head... just a play on words!

That shot is truly my demon of evil, I hate that set up above all else in the game.. but of course its a snake, but I will try not to be biased in these teachings of the game..

Even though I have a hate relationship with the rollover, I clearly have to treat it with an even open mind competitively, for one has to embrace the set up and its options openly in your mental game, to clearly contend with it defensively, at a goalie stand point of view of course.

The rollover set somewhat out guns the rest of the 4 sets, this is due to 9 factors, also known as traits :
1 it sets in the middle mouth of the goal.
2 it sets in the front line of the rod
3 it sets in a retro position for 2 directions, ( pull, push,)
4 it is a moble (walking, rocking, tapping juggling) set
5 it is deceiving with reversals
6 it has many degrees of cut back
7 it is a short traveling shot
8 it generates extreme speed in the rolling power
9 it generates extreme power in the rolling speed

The other 4 standard sets, only two sets have one of these traits, the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line,(#7) it is a short traveling straight shot from a pull or push...with the exception of the euro pin set that has 2-7 rollover traits.

this is why my euro serpentine set up is very very effective, I have 6 factors out of 9 that work to my advantage against defense.
Plus the dead straight 360 sits further out than a normal straight...definitely a tough line to cover defense wise.

The push kick and the pull kick, are known in my book as the secondary offense of the classical style, I'm not sure if there are any players out there that shoots push kick and pull kicks as their only standard set...not shooting anything else. Ive never seen it from any player, but I guess its possible out there in tour land.

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2020 1:28:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#82 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:27:52 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

The 7 shots of offensive form:

Pull
Push
Pull kick
Push kick
Straight
Angle
Bank

The pull and push set shots are primary, and the backbone of all offensive force of movements in shooting and passing.

The pull kick and push kick are lateral secondary offensive strokes

The straight, angle , bank, are directive line paths to the goal..

Example. . A pull and push set utilizes a straight directive....A pull kick and push kick set utilizes an angle directive....a bank can come out of any set from offense, bank off a defensive man, off the rods off the front walls, or back walls..

A dink is an angle from a lateral kick shot, although on a rare stroke a set angle can be hit on a pull or push set in front of a pull race or push race defense.
I'm talking about a dead set chop angle from a pull or push set, in front or splitting inside the defense, a very hard angle to hit !

And out of all that brings out freestyle from the Woodwork from the classic style

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2020 1:18:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#83 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:44:30 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

The art of Freestyle:

The ability to be able to utilize all 7 standard offensive forms, from any man on the field, from anywhere on the table, to all spots on goal, in anyway shape or form..

it is the skill of adaptation, constant adjustments in offense and defense, as well as transition in ball control and handle to handle transition as in the singles format, or division.
Freestyle can be incorporated to the extreme of scoring from a bouncing jumping ball that hits the goal if needed at the moment.

I have been known to score the ball on goal in the most perplexed ways, unlike any player has ever seen on the table ever before..
For I am truly definitely the poster child of originality on the table.

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:43:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#84 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:33:26 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

This would also be an example of freestyle in progression to the next stage.

Now everyone and their mother knows that I do not shoot a roll over... personally I don't need it!
But if I was to actually actively train on it, then not only would i be just as effective as anyone else, but I would have a roll over utterly entirely different than any player on the planet...

For there is not one aspect of my game that is referred to as" cookie cutter" because I do not shoot with an offensive pattern in a series against defense, for most shoot the path that defense leaves open for the most part, yes so do I the jedi, but im always focused on another opening line a fraction after the initial offense was executed..
in other words I'm always prepared for a follow-up shot at a drop of a dime, at any moment defense is not prepared, or not covering the path, that is if the offensive option is available and all goes well in execution...

after all, defensive action is the counter part of the game, It can be so easy at times to disrupt offense by just sticking a man in the right spot at the right moment of the engagement of the shot, this also applies against passing, because passing is offensive, even though it is not apply against the goal, although passing can be targeted and aimed on goal

Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:17:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#85 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 1:31:21 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

The cookie cutter tour style v/s Freestyle

There is an up side and a down side to the tour style.
The CC style is methodical in its form, but it can be redundant and boring in its movement.
Its like a broken record over and over during every pass, set up, and shot series.
But the methodical moves the player uses are at a high percentage in consistency for winning, but on the down side, is once the opponent gets a number on you defensively, then your pretty much done and your game becomes toast.

If a player can only utilize certain grids on the table, like passing far wall using only two passes, setting the ball the same way, and only shooting the same few shots that make a series, then congratulations!
Welcome... you are a cookie cutter machine.....

on the contrary, a player that incorporates free movement as in freestyle , takes over the whole intire table!

The cookie cutter stylest for the most part, has this phobia linked in their game, where they are afraid to pass or shoot anything else other than their regular routined offensive game, this goes to ball control was well..

A freestyle player will hit gung ho on anything positively possible that can go to the goal.
Example would be, I have two great abilities in my freestyle, 1) passing from any man from goalie to any man on the shooting rod, and 2) shooting immediately on goal from the goalie pass. This applies for anywhere else on the table for that matter,
provided that I'm triggered for it.

A cookie cutter player wont even think once on a give me hole, ( a big bate ) they won't attempt to hit it cuz it's out of their comfort zone of their execution routine, no matter how big or how long you leave the hole open on goal, although there would be a limit of course

A freestylest like myself, won't hesitate a single moment on a lazy opening.
Players will lose fast playing lazy against the jedi, thats known to be a fact!

The idea I use is, the cookie cutter method is limited or restricted in its styled nature
And freestyle is unlimited or unrestricted in its styled nature,
the difference between the two are like two different personalities on the table.

Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:12:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:25:45 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

The classic style + the cookie cutter style combined.

The classic style player would set the ball up on one of the 4 standard sets.
Pull
Push
Pull kick
Puch kick

Remember in the classic era, the rollover snake was not introduced on the table yet by Terry Moore!

Back to the standard 4 sets, and passing to the shooting rod using a cookie cutter style.

Cookie cutter means in my book, the same methodical action made by the general player base of the world, their games are similar as the next player standing next to them in any given event around the world.

The same ball control, the same passes used the same way, the same set up patterns, the same take your time on the shooting rod. The same, the same, the same. from player, to player , to player.

But the only thing on the table that is not cookie cutter form from player to player is the force of defense.
The reason for this is because there is to much Randomness to defense, for the sake of scrambling for the ball, for there is no prediction on where the ball is going or heading at anytime given moment..

Dont get me wrong here, im not saying every player on tour is in this category, im preaching about the majority, because there are players out there that have a unique style to their game.

Continued

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:46:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:55:03 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

(The slop hack hammer attack)

I guess ive touched base enough on styles, one of the next many topics could be mentioned at this point, but the concept of SLOP is a good fill in, since its over rated, and used as an excuse by defensive players that can't quite get a handle on the ball, meanwhile some player calls out hack or slop... wow really, what ever happened to defense in all that melee?
Its Not my fault the defender put his foot in the wrong spot on goal.

I tell you all, players need to take more responsibility in their defensive game, and stop slaming and blaming the other shooter for how the shot goes in.. so weak so lame, get a life buy a game!

Colo maybe the Mecca of the game, but we sure have a bunch of cry baby metro bitches out there!

Master jedi
Attack them all
hack the slop
score the ball
Master jedi
Smack the ball
Slop the hack
Beat them all

Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:14:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:52:30 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

I can go on forever on these pages, I am this such of a master in the game that I can Converse and put down on paper about any topic or anything this game offers, that would also include what it does not offer...

Is everyone out there so shy as to not ask legitimate questions to me?

Does anyone viewing these pages; agree or disagree in anything I am teaching here?

Is anyone viewing these pages understand the just of what im teaching?

I dare anyone to put the jedi to the test, ask a legitimate question on the game itself.
And ill give you your answer, that is if I didn't already have already given out the answer!?

First off, Ive only just scratched a small surface of the whole Iceberg of what I'm talking about in this game, Ranking, points, styles, point racing, player base, caliber, domination, etc, etc.

My book alone would cover over many thousand pages on this forum, with 20 posts a page, and the pages aren't that small.
Offense and Defense topics are extensive and detailed... because that is what I do!

I stand here waiting for a honest hand
for this class is always in session
haven't you heard I'm the ruler of the North teacher
And that means 24/7

Master jedi

Jedi-Ruler  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:24:35 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Remember this Colo as many may recall.

In the middle of the 2018 points race, on this very forum, I called the whole state of colo out on a slab, to feebly try to bump me out of the tournament event when this mecca base of the game had a chance too, and lo and behold no one stepped up to the plate of the occasion, or took my challenge...

There was every capability of anyone knocking me out of first position for 6 or 7 remaining weeks, consider here that I was only 8 points in the lead in the FINALS; but only 6 at the end of the race..
That was a diffence of one win of 6 points..
This means, that if I would not of beat Ryan Moore in a Double dip in mid February, in the end I would have placed second, and that would mean no title jacket

But where I stood in the last event was I had to reach 3rd position to win the title. It was match ball for Juan jr and the jedi, he took me to the hill on a three rod set for a snake, went pull side, seared off my men and near banked back in his goal, but if he would have made it, then Mark brubaker had to win that last event to take the title coming from behind...

Juans score on him self keep Mark from winning that night, because also kid beat him into the losers, and Mark forfeited, still placing second position in the race.

Ditto was 3rd

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:11:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#90 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:46:47 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

I generally happened to think about this next equation alot as of late.

does a player play better without pressure or does a player play better with pressure with his back up against the wall?

Well consider here that Ray and the jedi lost our first round, and in a time span of a day and a half, came back out of the losers to double sweep a world touring pro master team in the end.
personally as for myself, I won it on my end because of endurance of freestyle, Ray gun won it because he was fired up!

Either way a legendary Finnish for that state title....

Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:48:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Old Sweater  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:50:55 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

This means, that if I would not of beat Ryan Moore in a Double dip in mid February, in the end I would have placed second, and that would mean no title jacket-
————————-

I think your 2nd place points would have been enough to earn you the jacket, but yeah, you came through down the stretch. I do remember many harping about Mark Jr. missing some tournaments but with selective memory, forgot you had missed some too. Mark Jr. even admitted so. Same with the selective memory for the Plagiaristic ROTN Tourney politically turning into a qualifier, instead of an honest points race as billed!
Jedi-Ruler  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Remember this Colo as many may recall.

In the middle of the 2018 points race, on this very forum, I called the whole state of colo out on a slab, to feebly try to bump me out of the tournament event when this mecca base of the game had a chance too, and lo and behold no one stepped up to the plate of the occasion, or took my challenge...

There was every capability of anyone knocking me out of first position for 6 or 7 remaining weeks, consider here that I was only 8 points in the lead in the FINALS; but only 6 at the end of the race..
This means, that if I would not of beat Ryan Moore in a Double dip in mid February, in the end I would have placed second, and that would mean no title jacket

But where I stood in the last event was I had to reach and win 3rd position to win the title. It was match ball for Juan jr and the jedi, he took me to the hill on a three rod set for a snake, went pull side, seared off my men and near banked back in his goal, but if he would have made it, then Mark brubaker had to win that last event to take the title coming from behind...

Juans score on him self keep Mark from winning the title,, also because kid beat him into the losers, and Mark forfeited once I clinched 3rd for the title, Mark still placing second position in the race.

Ditto was 3rd

No it was that close mentioned above!

It all boiled down to who finished where in the end event. And we both missed 2 weeks totally!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:27:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Old Sweater  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:29:23 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

I was just referring to your match vs Ryan Moore.
You won the race by a total of 6 points right?
If 2nd place was 4points(I forget) you wouldn’t have won the points race by 4 points, instead of 6.
Jedi-Ruler  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:39:40 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Bottom line, if I would have lost 3rd position. .. Mark would have came back to win it!

Unless he stopped at second place in the last event, then there would have been a tie break match for the finals .. but it never went there thanks to juans weak defensive game and a brick wall block from the jedi.

definitely one close freaking race!

but the fact still remained, anyone could have bumped the jedi out of that race along time ago, but no one stood up to my challenge.

And for the record, if there is ever another race, then im going to take that race too.

Colo Oracle
Master jedi ROTN teacher
Jedi-Ruler  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:42:33 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post
If 2nd place was 4points(I forget) you wouldn’t have won the points race by 4 points, instead of 6.

Dont forget the 1 point attendance point.. that can throw everything off
Jedi-Ruler  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:50:11 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

1st (5 points + 1= 6
2nd (4 points + 1= 5
3rd ( 3 points + 1= 4
4th (2 points + 1=3

5th ..1point
6th...1point
7th...1point
8th...1point
8th...1point
10th.1point
Old Sweater  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:51:46 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post

Dont forget the 1 point attendance point.. that can throw everything off

Okay, let’s try this. How many points did you earn the night vs Ryan Moore and how many points did 2nd place earn? I’m just referring to 1week and 1 match.
Jedi-Ruler  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:57:09 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

I would have to look at Rays results again.. but I remember it was to friggin close for my comfort.

I did take the last event win of 1st place, in fact it was the last three weeks straight for a win in that event. Im sure results were on the Facebook forum...
Jedi-Ruler  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:02:13 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

6 for first for myself
Ryan got 5 for second, but he was out of the race in 15th or something like that.
And his girlfriend got 3rd if i remember?

Old Sweater  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:09:12 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

1st (5 points + 1= 6
2nd (4 points + 1= 5
3rd ( 3 points + 1= 4
4th (2 points + 1=3

5th ..1point
6th...1point
7th...1point
8th...1point
8th...1point
10th.1point

Oh, okay. Disregard my previous post.

If you won the points race by 6pts, then if you came in 2nd vs Moore you would have won the points race by 5 points.

I’ve tried to find the final point tally but couldn’t. I remember the Jedi coming through down the stretch though.
9 Pages«<34567>»